Thursday, October 9, 2008

Bar, Day 2

Now there's a bar top, as well as braces and cupholders in the back. It's more stable than I thought it might be, as the tops are attached to the doors. The Volt/Aged acts as a weight to hold the tops down, and a keg inside is ballast for the whole thing.

It's (almost) ready for its big debut at The Shipyard tomorrow night for the Escape From Berkeley dinner & party. Jon and I will add a few touches Friday morning, then pack it for an afternoon delivery.

I'm sure we'll need to add or change a few things after we use it Friday night, but it's basically done.

A new bar!

It's been a while since we updated the blog, as Burning Man interrupted just about everything. However, I'm back in the shop, welding and building. I'm currently making a small bar to augment Jon's Boiler Bar. The Boiler Bar is great, but it takes a crew of at least 4 to load and run it. The new one, which is still un-named, will be a a 1 to 2 person unit. It can go solo, as a mini bar, or be an addition to the Boiler Bar.

I rolled some strap to the diameter of the drum, and welded it to the doors, base and top - the drum was pretty floppy without added support.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Saddle is done!

The Art Department comes to town and makes me look good. Actually, the saddle looks great, but it's a crappy picture. It was the seat from Terry's Buell that he laid down. I shortened it and Amani recovered it with a vinyl that looks like tooled leather. It should be comfortable and it was fairly quick to do (easy for me to say, as I was working on other shit). She recovered the seats as well, so there is no longer any green fun fur involved.

Monday, August 4, 2008

Saloon is coming along

we got a lot done this weekend thanks to a lot of extra hands coming in to help....weeeeeeeeeee 2 more weeks til it all leaves for the playa

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Cookin on the BBQ!

Cookin on the BBQ!, originally uploaded by Splat Worldwide.

It's done!

Finish work and painting was done in a flurry over Friday night and Saturday morning. It's out of the workshop and finally parked on our front patio.

The first cook was a success! I did some brisket, beef ribs, and pork spare ribs. And that's just using one of the barrels, not even close to full capacity.

BBQ details

More work on the car

The frame of the revolver is done, on one side. Now I need to make the other side, and figure out how to attach the barrel. Sawzall added for scale; I'm standing on a 3' platform - this thing is large.

I still have a lot to do, but the structure is almost there. The mechanical bits should be fairly simple, as I designed them to stay mostly stock, although I still need to make a muffler and exhaust system.

And the name changed from Hippy Killer to Open Carry - not as subtle, but far better.

The square tube on the bottom is 14g, 2x2 and will support a house - it should be way overkill for a cowgirl. The rest of the gun will be made of much lighter 16g 3/4 square, and a bit of conduit